2005-11-11

No FridayFive this week

This week's FridayFive is all about being sick. I can't honestly remember the last time I've been sick. At least more than "I'm just sick enough to not go to work" sick, which was a nasty sinus headache last week that mostly just kept me up half the night.

There was that $10 all-you-can-drink night at The Slide that had me puking in the streets of NYC, but alcohol-related sickness is specifically excluded. But while we're on the subject, it seems that alcohol and nicotine have a synergistic effect on hangovers for me. Two stiff drinks and a cigarette and I'm miserable the next day. Any more and I'm puking.

Other than that, I seem to pick up strep throat like it's going out of style. At least twice a year now. On the plus side, I haven't had a cold sore in something like three years. Or the flu in at least as long. Knock on wood...

Remedy-wise I'm inclined toward Tylenol and herbal tea. And lots of sleep and a hot bath.

1 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Blogger FilteringCraig said...

Thanks for stopping in even though you rebelled against my Friday Five. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home